Approved for 12 CEUs from FSBPT.
PTCS has created a dynamic home study course entitled “Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation (IASTM).” This is a course designed for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants teaching the foundational material that most PTs and PTAs did not learn while in school.
Why use IASTM?
- Significantly increases range of motion (ROM)
- Decreases peripheral resistance whereby increasing tissue temperature
- Decreases pain
- Increases microcirculation
- Increases tissue perfusion and alters micro vascular morphology in the vicinity of healing knee ligaments
- Accelerates tissue and ligament healing
- Reduces the compression forces on the clinicians hands, especially the DIP joint
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Manipulation For PTs & PTAs 12 CEUs
This course was designed to be systematic, evidenced-based and most importantly, have direct application that can be used immediately with your patients. The course material nicely compliments a one or two-day live seminar on IASTM offered by other CEU providers. In 2021-2022, it is our intent to also offer both a one-day and two-day IASTM live seminar courses that will compliment the home study course. It will provide the attendee with the ability to gain and understand new knowledge on IASTM, learn how to assess more efficiently and practice the skills learned from the home study course. The course comes with the following:
- A 150 page comprehensive CEU approved course manual that has over 240 references is divided into twelve distinct and separate chapters. The course is filled with over 100+ illustrations and graphics to enhance the learning experience. Deliverly is sent electronically from PTCS to the customer or a physical manual can be shipped at an additional fee.
- The student will have access to 20 videos that compliment and review each of the twelve chapters of the IASTM Home Study Course. To access these videos, contact PTCS.
- All examination costs are included. To earn respective CEUs, a student must sign in on our secure website verifying to PTCS who they are. Once verified, PTCS requires every student to take an online 25 question multiple-choice examination. This examination can be taken anytime or are your leisure. Once the examination is complete and the student earns a score of 75%, the CEU certificate is sent directly to the student from PTCS.