Understanding the Essence of Human Movement Home Study Course
CLICK ABOVE TO BUY NOW VIA PAYPAL $60.00
This is a home study course about human movement. The human body is a complicated
machine. With several parts that directly and indirectly affecting one another. Learn about
the fundamental parts of the muscular, skeletal and neuromuscular systems and how
they synergistically affect one another. This foundation course will teach you the foundation
science, and prepare you to understand how to perform a movement assessment. This
dynamic course is part of Advanced Training Specialist(ATS) certification created by PTCS.
PTCS will send you the course electronically and is available for immediate download
*Note you have 6 months to complete the course and all examination costs are included
Essence of Human Movement is approved for the following CEU/CEC’s:
ACE ALL OTHER AGENCIES PENDING
HFPA 20 CPD points for all five courses
NAFC .4 (2.0 for all five courses)
NSCA(CPT, CSCS) .6
NSPA 5 CEUs
PTA Global 4 CECs
WFA .5 or 2.5 for all five courses
WITS 4 CEUs
The course begins with introducing skeletal anatomy and functional anatomy, painting a ‘picture’ about the components of the skeletal system. The next section simplifies biomechanics and how biomechanically we move. Illustrations and extensive discussion provide a deeper understanding on the functional anatomy required to perform daily and sport specific movement. Next, evidenced based research is introduced to provide insight on the body’s ‘weak links.’ Lastly, the various systems of the body and their interaction with one another to produce movement are extensively discussed.
This package with online test includes a 149-page manual and 25-page workbook in PDF format. Included within the course and workbook are two practice examinations testing the reader’s comprehension of the material. Note: This course package is made available for immediate download after purchase. All materials for this course are received electronically.
1. Identify the primary bones, joints, muscles and connective tissue in the upper and lower body that are involved with movement.
2. Identify the four primary rotator cuff muscles and identify the primary functional anatomy behind daily movements such as sit to stand, getting dressed, reaching, walking, etc. providing clarity on how the movement is supposed to occur vs. dysfunction.
3. Identify the primary functional anatomy and muscles behind the movement in sport specific movements such as swimming, tennis, volleyball and other sports providing clarity on how the movement is supposed to occur vs. dysfunction.
4. Be able to perform a biomechanical analysis of every day movements as well as common sport movements.
5. Identify the areas that have been shown both in science and evidenced based research that break down and are injured called “the weak links” of the human kinematic chain.
6. Be able to perform common functional assessment tests of each body part supported with research.
7. Understand and learn about the fundamentals of biomechanics, biomechanics of movement, biomechanical principles, biomechanics of various structures & tissues including; connective tissue, tendons and bones.
8. Understand how all systems of the body interact and affect one another.
Section 1: Skeletal anatomy
Section 2: Functional biomechanics and biomechanics of human movement
Section 3: Human Movement terminology
Section 4: Functional anatomy to perform daily and sport specific movements
Section 5: Understanding the weak links in the human kinetic chain
Section 6: Integration of body systems
Section 7: Pharmacology, side effects and effects on exercise
Steps to download your course purchased:
Earning your CEU’s:
• To earn your CEU’s for the course you purchased, you must take an online examination covering the material for the course that you purchased
• Go to the examination information tab and follow the steps listed
• Once completed, PTCS will directly email your CEU certificate to you
•You have six months to take the examination
Steps to follow to receive the respective course and study workbook:
1-Click on “here to buy now” button above, which will direct you to purchase the respective courses interested in and directly purchase the course directly from a secure pay pal website.
2-PTCS will receive an email notifying that a purchase has been made.
3-PTCS will email you confirming the purchase, and email you acknowledging this and email
you a link to download, the respective course and study workbook.
4-Note when you receive this email, you have 24-48 hrs to download and save the material to your computer.
5-If you forget to do this, PTCS will allow to resend. However, if you continously forget and require a third time
to receive the material, a $25.00 service charge will be required to be paid before sending
Group Members: For MFN & CEU members, in order to receive your discount, please email PTCS at email@example.com, the CEU group code, in order to receive your 15% discount.
Copyright 2016. Pinnacle Training Consulting Systems. All rights reserved.